We have clients come to us all of the time wanting to solve employee theft. While our electronic systems can solve many of their problems, there are other things that need to be considered when eliminating and preventing employee theft and fraud. Here are 9 of the best ways.
1. Hotlines: have a number, email, or drop box where employees can inform you of their suspicions.
2. Install a Surveillance System: cameras can help you track where and when theft is happening. They also provide hard proof if legal action is necessary.
3. Random Checks: Perform random audits and inventory checks to keep your employees honest. Performing these regularly will also keep employees singled out when they are checked.
4. Keep Your Door Open: Allow employees to feel comfortable discussing their concerns with management. When they do discuss things with you be honest and supportive.
5. Employee Involvement: Employees are the most aware of theft vulnerabilities in your business. Talk to them about your concerns.
6. Install an Access Control System: access control will allow you to choose who can be where and when they can be there. It will also track when an employee enters a restricted area.
7. Background Checks: Make sure you hire the right employees. Avoid employees with criminal backgrounds.
8. Education Your Employees: Make all of your employees aware of how fraud and theft can happen within your business. Then they will know what to watch for.
9. Be Fair: Pay fairly and do not show favoritism. This is a great way to prevent employees who feel they have been cheated from stealing.
Have you experienced theft or fraud from an employee? What does your company do to prevent these problems?
Currently rated by 0 people